About American Honors:
American Honors (AH) is a new breed of education tech start-up that partners with leading community colleges to fund and scale community college honors programs online. Facing a national crisis of rising education costs, more students are selecting community college as a value-based alternative to earning a 4-year degree. Meanwhile, community colleges are challenged to meet the needs of many talented students amidst explosive enrollment growth and budget constraints.
American Honors supplies community college partners with an innovative solution to support their high-achieving students. We provide the funding, recruiting, curriculum development, learning platform, student services, and transfer support to help students thrive in community college and successfully transfer to four-year universities.
Title & Scope: Special Assistant to the President & VP of Strategy & Operations
The special assistant is responsible for a variety of responsibilities as the right-hand man/woman to the President & VP of Strategy & Operations. While the job includes some tasks like arranging travel and drafting/editing presentations, it also provides a senior-level view into the strategic operations of our new organization. This job is ideal for someone looking to gain immediate, deep access to into an education tech start-up.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
• Great organizational & writing/editing skills are an absolute must – please highlight relevant skills/experience
• Strong work ethic & willingness to do a mix of administrative and strategic tasks
• Experience in project management and/or organizational administration a plus
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Power Point
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Tracking, monitoring and supporting special projects
• Executing education reform research projects
• Preparing & editing documents & power point presentations
• Supporting spreadsheet analysis (training/support available)
• Acting as surrogate for President in certain meetings
• Coordinating meetings & supporting travel arrangements
• Provide back-up support for Office Manager
What you’ll get from us:
• Top-tier access to education and tech leaders both inside and outside of the company
• A chance to join a well-funded start-up that’s mission driven
• The opportunity to shape a young company and work across a variety of initiatives
• A great management team with decades of experience in leading education and tech companies
• A young (in age and at heart) environment where every day is casual Friday
• A fast-paced work environment
• Competitive wages
• Expected 50 hours per week with competitive salaries based on experience and education.
• The job is located at in Downtown DC at 18th and K St
• 5% - 15% travel may be required from this job
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
American Honors is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. American Honors' equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.